This is one my main go-to’s for quick dinners and lunches, because the taco meat can be kept in the fridge for 7 days and used in a variety of ways. (yes I meant to rhyme that).
Did I also mention it’s simple to make?
Cook Taco Meat:
Purchase 93/7% lean ground turkey meat (organic). Purchase a low-sodium, gluten free (optional) taco seasoning such as Mrs. Dash.
Get pan. Put meat in it. Cook on med-high until browned. Add your seasoning + water, turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Done.
You can use traditional brown rice, but that takes 45 minutes to boil. When I am short on time and I am STARVING (dramatic emphasis), then I like to use minute rice
Follow the directions on the box. Boil water. Add rice. Cook for designated time. Done.
Ideas for meals with these ingredients:
- Taco bowl: add taco meat, rice and some shredded cheese, taco sauce or salsa
- Taco salad: start with crumbled tortilla chips, add warm taco meat, cheese, shredded romaine, diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 avocado, salsa
- Taco: put taco meat on corn tortilla with cheese, and taco sauce, diced tomato, lettuce
- Taco spaghetti: you can add pasta sauce on the taco meat over brown rice if you want a different flavor, add Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes (optional)
- Nachos: use taco meat, topped with salsa and cheese as a “dip” for your organic nachos, or layer on top of nachos with cheese (reduce the rice since the carbs are coming from the cheese, when I say cheese — I mean like 1/4 a cup max– remember — mostly protein, and some carbs, then a little fat)
Now you have an easy meal maker in the fridge at all times. Grab a few minimal other items and you are good to go for the week! If you want more clean and easy recipes, subscribe to get my free cookbook here! Thanks for visiting my blog. Would love to hear your feedback, so leave a comment below on one of your easy recipes.