Everybody has the same struggles whether we want to admit it or not. Just because someone has a “fitness model” physique doesn’t mean that they never have problems with body image or staying on track.
Here are 5 things you can do today to get started in the right direction:
1. Stop watching mindless TV and get into something worthwhile. Here are some books that I have read that can really influence the mind and help you grow.
Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer (uses scriptures to help you overcome your mind)
The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale (gives exercises to grow your mind and be calm)
The Power by Rhonda Byrnes (tells you about your frequency)
The Magic by Rhonda Byrnes (what you should really focus on – daily exercises)
The Secret by Rhonda Byrnes (the law of attraction)
The Power of Now by Ekhart Tolle (how to be in the moment)
2. After work. Take a walk instead of sitting on the couch. Put on Pandora and listen to positive music or listen to the birds and look around at the trees. If it is winter then go to the gym and walk on the treadmill and watch positive YouTube videos. (Tony Robbins)
3. Get hours of sleep every night for a week. You will be surprised how refreshed you will feel.
4. Replace white breads and sugar with whole wheat and stevia.
5. Get into a message board, a meet up group, a church group or a book club that will inspire you to be better. Reach out and don’t continue to sit at home alone eating your feelings!
Every step you take is a step towards greatness. Be inspired and inspire others. We are here to be our best selves!